Welcome to the Transition Worcester Potato Bash 2016.
This is your chance to take part in a fun potato growing competition, see just how many spuds you can grow for yourself, and you might even win one of two cash prizes!
PICK UP YOUR POTATO AT THE OLD NORTH STABLES OR THE LANDSDOWNE ALLOTMENT SHOP FOR JUST £1
- Entry is £1
- £10 cash prize for the heaviest total yield from a single seed potato (supplied by Transition Worcester)
- £5 cash prize for the heaviest single grown potato (seed potato supplied by Transition Worcester)
What should I do?
- Pay £1 to enter the competition.
- Pick your potato from the authorised Transition Worcester Potato Bash potato supplier
- Take your potato home and ‘chit’ it.
- When you want to, get a pot and compost, and plant your potato.
- Note that you MUST grow your potato plant in a pot or container (no bigger than 30 litres*) and not in the open ground. The growing medium you use is up to you.
- Look after your potato plant.
- Bring your potato plant, in its pot, to the Transition Worcester stall at the Worcester Flower Show, Gheluvelt Park on Sunday 14th August, by 1pm at the latest.
*As a guide: 30 Litres = 31cm x 31cm x 31cm (approx) or a cylinder 30cm diameter and 42cm depth.